Artisans, skilled craftsmen and groups of fine craftsmen and craftsmen of craft villages, designers of handicraft products nationwide (except for members of the Organizing Committee, Judging Council).
Vietnam Design Week 2020
Vietnam is proud to be one of the cradles of traditional handicrafts in the world with more than 2,000 craft villages and nearly 9,000 craft villages with a long history of formation and development that carry many rich, diverse tangible and intangible cultural values.Register
Contest products are handicraft products of artisans, fine craftsmen and craftsmen group, designers of handicraft products belonging to all handicraft groups such as bamboo and rattan; ceramics; embroidery; weaving; wood sculpture; lacquer, pearl mosaic; metal and fine arts horn; stone carvings… meet the following requirements:
- New work, created by the author or group of authors, is not a copy.
- The product has not won any prizes at other competitions in Vietnam and abroad
- Each artist, skilled craftsman and a group of artisans, craftsmen, designers of handicraft products can submit 1 or more products or a group of products for the contest (according to the registration form).
- Authors and groups of authors are solely responsible for the intellectual property rights related to the contest products. The contest organizers are not responsible for any disputes related to the copyright of the contest products. Products that infringe copyrights will not be considered for awards or revocation (in case the award has been announced).
- In the case that the contest product belongs to a group of authors, the contest dossier must be accompanied by a written agreement of the collective of authors authorizing an author as the representative to participate in the contest; The representative will, on behalf of the collective, contact the Organizer of the Competition as well as be responsible for issues related to the contest products.
- New idea products, not copied.
- The product has high aesthetics, clear use and convenience for users.
- Products with traditional values (raw materials, workmanship, culture …), suitable for today’s life.
- Products are environmentally friendly (from raw materials, production, consumption) and ensure safety for users.
- High market potential (capable of mass-producing for bulk products; capable of developing works for single products).
Time to receive products and test: from October 250 to October 30, 2020.
Organizing the Award Ceremony: Associated with the organization of the Conference for the preliminary 2-year implementation of Decree No. 52/2018 / ND-CP of the Government on rural career development, expected in November 2020.
The contest has official prizes including:
§ 01 First Prize: Worth 20,000,000 VND, together with the Minister’s Certificate of Merit and Certificate of the Organizing Committee – Nominated to participate in the World Handicraft Contest.
§ 02 Second Prizes: Each prize is worth 15,000,000 VND, together with the Minister’s Certificate of Merit and Certificate of the Organizing Committee – Nominated to participate in the World Handicraft Contest.
§ 03 Third Prizes: Each prize is worth 10,000,000 VND, together with a Certificate of Merit from the Minister and a Certificate of the Organizing Committee
§ 10 Consolation prizes: Each prize is worth 5,000,000 VND and Certificate from the Organizing Committee
§ 03 awards for typical products of ethnic minorities, young entrepreneur and young designers. Each prize is worth 3,000,000 VND and a Certificate from the Organizing Committee.
Associated with the organization of the Conference to review the 2-year implementation of the Government’s Decree No. 52/2018 / ND-CP on the development of rural industries, expected in November 2020.